What Kind of Backlinks You Should Buy Today
There have been a lot of discussions whether it is safe or not to buy backlinks. And there are two camps. Webmasters say that you should not buy text links. The second group says that you should. To be honest, neither of them is right, but we tend to think that you can use payable one way links to improve your search engine ranking, even after Google Panda update. To prove it we have completed several tests with several websites of our clients, which were dropped in ranking, using links in our inventory only. The results were quite amazing.
One of websites had couple of dozen pages ranked on the first page of Google for very competitive keywords. About a month and a half ago the whole website dropped in ranking and instead of being in the top of SERP, they all had positions between 100 and 500. Sounds very familiar in the modern post Panda SEO world? Of cause the owner of the website panicked and did not know what to do with it and asked us for help. So, here is the story.
If you read our earlier post about new Google algorithm and how to avoid to be penalized, then you will know that there are actually two main very simple steps to follow:
- Add new quality content regularly.
- Build backlinks to your website.
Let’s covet both of these steps separately.
In terms of content writing we decided not to start aggressively write and publish articles on a daily basis. Instead we were publishing one article a week. Each article was completely unique, so do not use spun content even if it pass copyscape check, as it is not safe now. The average size of each article was between 1000 and 1500 words per article.
Keep in mind days of 300-500 words articles have gone. You can still use those for article marketing, but, you should not use such short articles on your own website. You cannot really put any useful content, which visitors of your website will enjoy reading and find it useful in such a short article.
Let’s summarize what we have actually done with the content. We simply started to update the website regularly and have been publishing one quality article per week. We did this, just to prove that quality of the content is more important than quantity. It does not mean that you should not write articles more often. If you have a capacity, then do so, as this will only help you in a long run.
Now to the interesting part – text links. To prove that purchased backlinks can work as good as free links we used only first types of links and used links only available in our database. It is worth saying that we did not really use single page simple text links. Instead we were using only site-wide backlinks, both context and simple. We also used regular context backlinks. To be honest we also used a couple of guest post feature, which is in a beta testing process at the moment and will be available soon for our users, but still the majority of backlinks we used in our link building process were text links, which are already available to our advertisers.
So, here is what we actually did. We were buying site wide text links ads both context and simple, on a weekly basis, with a pretty low pace (just 2-3 backlinks a week). So far we have built about 10-15 backlinks and we were really surprized with the results we achieved. The website of our client did not just return its positions, but it actually jumped even higher. This small test showed that you can beat Panda with the paid backlinks.
So, let’s summarize what we did in terms of link building:
- Buy site-wide backlinks. We were using both simple site-wide test links and context site wide links, to put our backlink within a short relevant content on as many pages as possible. The reason why we used site-wide text links is that they look very natural. Another reason why we prefer to buy site-wide backlinks is that it has better ROI as if you bought text links on the same website separately, it would cost you more if you sum up prices for each text link there.
- We also used normal, single page context links as they look natural too.
- All links were placed on websites with PR3-PR5. Again, site-wide links help to avoid backlinks to appear only on pages with high page rank, as websites usually have a lot of PR0 webpages too.
- We were aiming to get links on websites with page authority higher than 20.
- Build links regularly and with a small pace. It does not mean that you should not buy 10 of them on a daily basis, but this process should be spread over time. If you aim is to have 1000 backlinks, then you can buy text links with a higher pace, but do not buy hundreds of backlinks in one day.
Actually, this is pretty it. There is no rocket science in what we did. You should simply add fresh quality content to your site and build quality backlinks. Both of these components will help you in ranking your website higher in today’s environment. So, simply follow these steps and you will be fine. It does not mean that you should not use other methods and SEO strategies, like social marketing, article marketing, videos etc. They all will help, but we just wanted to prove that even simple strategy can help you to achieve great results.